/
T
o
p
T
o
p

RSS

NewsNews
ReviewsReviews
BlogBlog

Social / Like

Loading...

Comments

Announcements

  • New semester .. 2012 H'2
  • Downtime for Patch Day
  • Sitemap design update
  • Webdesign Changes implemented
  • Privacy Policy established
  • Terms and Conditions page established
  • News RSS Feed not Pinged by FeedBurner
  • LinkedIn Page established
  • Facebook Page established
  • Facebook App created: CodishaApp
Codisha on Facebook

The Desperation Build

Emergency! .. Emergency!

So .. I don't know if you may noticed, I had a bit of server downtime (06/25/09 - 07/02/09). This was due to some issue with the server motherboard, which in turn caused the raid to fail.

I had to get the site back up ASAP. I had spare parts laying around, so I went on to build a second server. The new machine is based on the ASUS P5K Premium WiFi paired with an Intel Q6600.

I had planned this upgrade for a while and wanted to have everything in place to complete it as planned but time has run out. I build the whole machine in under two hours and was up and running again quickly but not without more trouble.

The file recovery was painful and it took a very long time, I also lost a good amount of data. I had to use File Scavenger to get my data back and I am still in the process of sorting things out, which will take forever.

Anyway, while I was building the machine, I stumbled upon a few water cooling parts and decided to throw them in as well.

Here is the result:

Full view - had to throw in the Swiftech H20-220 and get the server back up

First test run and leak testing. All is good so far.

Yes, i also added a GPU block for the EVGA GTX 260. Wire and tubing management was not the easy task.

For additional cooling I was able to squeeze a 120 rad in the front.

Seemed to work out ok but really didn't. At first it ran well, then a leak. One of the fittings on the res was dripping.

Not really a major issue yet but this rackmount server sits on top of the primary server. So not only did I have water on the bottom of this case, which was scary enough but it started dripping down to the other server.

And there you have it ... another failure. Server down again.

I am not a friend at all of plastic barbs and can not recommend them at all. I purchase more metal fittings which took a few days and started all over.

I now switched the systems around in the cases, so this system is now in the bottom rackmount and the primary server system is now in the upper rackmount case.

I will show some more pictures later. right now I am still working on getting things sorted out. bare with me.

All systems have been build in house and by hand.
created by
Edward 'BoT' Reese

Comments